The rise of the albatross…


Baked in the beaming sun,
Drenched in the harrowing showers,
I stand alone….i stand still…
The crowd moves past….back and forth…
Keeping its pace with the pulse of time…
So intense is the rush….
Twisting my limbs, tramping over my feet,
It completely overpowers me….
The crowd…the wild jostling crowd…
I know some faces in it…
Those that constituted “us”
Wen I used to be a part of it….
Dancing on the rhythm of their new lives
They mock at me….they laugh at me…
I blink and stare as they fly all over me…
Every now and then…some one stops by..
Taking me for a corpse…
Volunteering to carry me along…
I am neither sarcastic.. nor remorseful….
Perhaps paralysed…completely numb…
I sud have been long dead…
One more soul lost in the mist of time…


But I still breathe…though choking at times…
I do feel the pain in my numb self…
Wen the crowd crushes past….
I am not a corpse….my hopes are still alive…
Cz in my shrunken veins..
U flow with a warm gush..
Washing my toxins out….
U send impulses to my heart….


The crowd doesn’t know wat u do…
I am not yet finished…not yet out…
I will rise like an albatross …I ‘ll fly high..
Faces.. oh so cheerful faces…
Will once again flock around….
Perhaps even changing their steps…
Forgetting their rhythm….whatever that was….
Perhaps…wen I start moving…
The rest would seem quiet…
The crowd that swayed me like a leaf…
Would one day make way…
As I’ll walk faster than them all….

Comments