My daddy strongest



I am a simple girl, one in the maddening crowd, like you ,her and them,
But daddy says, I am his pride…..strongest and prettiest.
Are all daddies like mine?
May be, may be not, but mine is surely the best.

When I was a kid, he was my playmate
And he would turn a storyteller when I cribbed going to bed.
Patiently he would sit through with an animated face
As I would blabber gibberish hours on end.
He made me collages, and paper mashe toys,
And he would work just as hard on each of my rehearsals
He cut his needs so that I could get  mine
And he was the happiest one when I brought home a prize

Dad is still at his best even after so many years

He understands the words in my silence, the pain in my arrogance
He cracks jokes at the most tragic moments
He walks miles searching for my medicines
He still lends a patient ear to my bitter sweet nonsense
We are still partners in crime,
While stealing chocolates from the fridge
He is still my best cook, my wish , his command.

But beyond this and more, he is my hero,
because he has taught me life’s biggest lessons

Comments