A walk by chance

I generally don't walk by these lanes, not on normal days for sure. That brings me to think, the day didn't start on a normal note. In fact it all began yesterday evening, when I bruised my ankle in a freak accident.
So in the morning dad dragged me along to get a Tetvac injection (ouch!!!) and as a result I missed going to the gym. On any other day, I would have gladly lapped up the opportunity of rolling in my bed for an extra hour. Today however, hounded by the thoughts of piling up extra calories at a team lunch planned later for the day, I decided to walk to office from the bus-stop instead of taking the usual auto ride.
I am so glad I did... for this is what i found..







As I walked down that one mile stretch, I stopped every few minutes to capture something or the other. Nothing extraordinary ; things like a bougainvillea bush, a transient sheath of translucent mist, long deserted roads and golden streaks of sunlight spilling in mystically through the leaves. Things that go unnoticed otherwise when the auto zooms past.
When I was the last time I did something as simple as stand for a moment and inhale the fresh morning air, or just look around, not at the screen of my smart phone but around at the sky, trees or the roads.
I sighed deeply, feeling happy and sad at the same time.

A lot of beauty is hidden in the seemingly routine surroundings, but we act too busy to notice. Tranquility after all is not as unattainable, as we have made it seem. We only need to stop for a while and look at the right places. 

Comments

Unknown said…
Last para reminds of http://rohiniasablogger.blogspot.in/2012/06/have-i-come-too-far.html#sthash.uLuL2UWQ.dpbs

AD said…
You have a way with words. Lovely. Think I'll start carrying my tiny Sony around too. :)