Moving on

When they say “forget what is gone”, I nod with an opaque smile
For I  know they wish the best for me

But will they ever know what lies beyond that opaque smile..
Memories of different shapes and colors lie scattered around

An icecream under the scorching sun,
A happy walk through the green lawns
Might be a mad dance in the first rain too
Or long everyday calls
Some random pics, few handmade cards,
Warm hugs and cold rebukes, dirty fights and then sweet make ups
And the list would just go on.
Can they tell me where I should throw these memories away
To make way for the new ones…

When they say “move on and get a life”, I stare blankly across
I know they are being practical, but I am just so stuck in my past.

The road ahead is misty
And I don’t have the strength to search my way through that.
There is no point in living lost moments, I know
But they are all I have
My heart knows no logic, wise words don’t make sense at all.
I still play with shattered dreams, I still pray for miracles

May be someday, I will be one of them….talking logic , making sense,
May be some day even I will learn to live life their way
But till that day let me be in whatever shape I am
Let me cry, let me mourn, let me soak in the sorrow of my own loss.

Comments

Just_Me_4_You said…
I think you will never be one of them, talking logic making sense etc. Just think so, because I recognize me in you... you make the difference Rain, you are one of that unique kind who is very soulful n goes very deep... Your heart rules your mind. You didn't play but you truly loved so it isn't weird that you can't let go. But you MUST! And I'm gonna tell you why...

Maybe my story will motivate you to move on... and let go. It's a short story :P gonna mail it ok?

Love,

Your friend