A night touched by love


It’s a windy night….

As the wind gushes past.. the curtains swing wild….
Throwing down whatever obstructs its path…..
The windchyme rings…wildly at times…
Its gentle hum almost becoming shrill screams

Its cold….but not chilling……
As clouds give way to a feathery drizzle….
as I panic to shut down the windows…
the lights go off…and I freeze with fear…
the wind tortures me… the drizzle drenches me…
yet I stand still… feeling almost dead…

someone tiptoes close to me….
And I feel his reassuring familiar touch….
Turning back I hug him tight……..
the fear in me slowly draining down…
the frantic pace of my heart slows down….
Life rushes back in my frozen veins…

He pulls me back, closer to him…
Letting the curtains swing , letting the windchyme scream…
Slowly he walks back taking me along…
To the recognizable warmth of my bedroom….

As I lie down he stays close…
As if he knws how much I need him now…
Like a child I bury my face in his lap…
And even in the darkness I see him smile…
Caressing my hair, he tells me a story…..
That of a princess and a knight in a distant country….

I don’t recall wat happened to them…
For I might have fallen asleep some where down the lane…
As I open my eyes…to the golden sunrays…
I seek him, searching everywhere….
All around there are signs of the wind bygone…
Only there are none to show , he had come…

As reality soaks in… I fall down teary eyed…
How cud he come? He was long gone….
Taking his last breath holding my arm….
Knowing well tht he cant return…
Yet every time, wen I stand frozen…
Alone and shattered, helpless half awake…..
He tiptoes close….he comes… I know..

U wont believe….u need not.. if u don’t..
Love calls him… from wherever he stays…
The love that was and will alwes be there…
The love that I breathe, that flows in my vein…
The love that has stayed as his only remain…
Love will keep calling him…
The love that knows neither life nor death…

Comments

AD said…
Enjoyed reading this.